Thrifting

I've always been a bargain hunter, ever since I was little. When someone compliments something I'm wearing or an item in our home, without thinking and without fail, I mention the price. Thanks, it was only two dollars! I just love good deals. Hence my love for thrifting.

It's a tricky business though, thrifting. You can go weeks without finding a single gem, and then BAM! You walk up to the counter with a cart full of items someone else threw out. We recently climbed out of our thrifting slump and these are just a few of the amazing items we brought with us.




1. A vintage doll for Aubryn. It's cute, one-of-a-kind, and just her size. Plus, it was only 25 cents (see, it's a habit).

2. Beautiful, vintage books. Ok, so we bought these a while ago. But seriously, how great are those covers? Beautiful books that we actually want to read.

3. Vintage goods for the fella. A hat, a few (or 17...) ties, a blazer, and a valet. Yes, that's what it's called, a valet. It's almost as good as having Mr. Bates around. P.S. We got all these items for under $25. Total steal.

What about you? Have you found any great thrift items lately?

2 comments:

  1. I love your comment about Bates - glad to see another Downtown Abbey watcher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little addictive right? I can't believe that the third season doesn't come out for another year! I don't know if I can handle such a long wait.

      Delete

You are wonderful.