a few days after father’s day.

Yes, we’re two days late over here, but it’s too special of a day to miss. So... a little late it is.

These two days celebrating parents have had a whole new meaning this year as the two of us are getting ready to be thrown into that category ourselves.




It has been wonderful seeing Jordan prep for his new role. Putting together a crib, going to doctor’s appointments, patiently sitting through an entire baby shower (there were other guys there as well). I can’t wait to see him in that backward gown and booties, holding that brand new baby. What a great father he will be.

And what great fathers we both have.

To my father, thank you for always treating my mother with love and respect. Thank you for teaching me that it’s easier to draw a portrait upside down, and for staying up late to help me with school projects. Thank you always working hard to provide for our family and for all of the things you sacrificed along the way.

To my father-in-law, thank you for teaching your son what it means to be a husband and father. Thank you for teaching him how to work with his hands and how to work hard. Thank you for your generosity, love and example.

I’m thankful for fathers. I’m thankful for the strong examples of love and faith I’ve been blessed with throughout my life and that I was able to find such an example in a husband. Jordan, you are an amazing husband (the best in fact) and because of that, I know you will be a wonderful father.

Happy (two days after) Father’s Day!


P.S. I can imagine the delivery room looking a lot like this when the day comes. Minus me telling Jordan to shut up. And telling everyone that his parents were never married. 

1 comment:

You are wonderful.