Our Valentine's Day Tradition


We decided to start a new tradition this year for Valentine's Day: breakfast out the morning after the 14th. So this morning, we loaded up and drove to a hole-in-the-wall diner in a neighboring town. We ate french toast dipped in cinnamon sugar and covered in powdered sugar and maple syrup, bacon-filled omelets, cornbread that tasted like candy.

But let's be real for a minute. Have you ever had sweet cornbread? Dipped in sugar and topped with cinnamon roll-esque frosting? No? You have not lived, my friend.

It was delicious and relaxing and a great alternative to the hectic dinner scene on the 14th. One of those moments I want to bundle up and keep with me forever. And when you celebrate a day all about love, you should have moments like that, right?


P.S.We have ourselves a winner for the Valentine's Day giveaway... Congratulations to Brooke! I'll be getting in touch with you shortly to get your your prize.

1 comment:

  1. Holla!! ;) SO excited!! I was hoping all week I'd win.

    And that corn bread sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.