Room For Less – A Neutral Living Room

With our move to Denver (cross your fingers for us!) on the ever-nearing horizon, I've been planning out each of the rooms in our homes, picking color schemes, arranging furniture, and doing a lot of pinning. We're setting budgets for each room, so I've been searching for the cheapest versions of each of the different mood boards.

Since bargain hunting for home decor has been on my mind a lot lately, I thought I'd introduce a new column: Room For Less. It's a home spin on the Look For Less column, and will be replacing The Makings Of column here on the blog. I'm can't wait to share all of my great finds with you guys!

Here are a few tips on getting a room like this for less. First, snag some big art from art.com! I spent my Saturday night perusing their site and found tons of beautiful, large pieces for less than $30. Second, matte art yourself. It's super easy and will save you a lot of money. Third, stick with neutrals for the basics (and usually more expensive purchases!), like couches and coffee tables, and add pops of color and trendier items with accessories. That way you can switch them out when your mood or the trends change and not feel bad about it. Finally, shop at Ikea and thrift stores. The Danish coffee table featured below can be found for a great price at Urban Outfitters, but you might be able to find an even better deal on an original at an estate sale!

P.S. If you have a room you'd like to see for less, shoot me an email with the inspiration and you might see it in a future Room For Less post!





Image | 1. Art $29.99 | 2. Chandelier $39.99 | 3. Throw $14.99 | 4. Table $249 | 5. Sofa $599 | 6. Rug $249 | 7. Pillow $24 |

2 comments:

  1. We actually have an eye on that slipcover for our Karlstad sofa. We wanted that rug for years too. Everytime we made the treck to Ikea (since the closest one is over and hour and a half away) it was out of stock.

    Here are our ideas for the same sofa...
    http://lostandfawned.com/2012/08/22/living-room-facelift-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! Great finds for cheap. I love the chandelier and the rug. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.