Hair Bows | A How-To

I've been working on making a felt quiet book for Aubryn, so the other day, I bought some fabric glue that I was told would work on felt as well. Only to find out that it actually didn't.

Since then, I've been trying to find projects to use said glue on. And I've become more than a little obsessed with making hair bows for Aubryn. It's such a fun and easy project and I love how they've all turned out. 


Here's what you'll need to make your own: a large scrap of fabric (I used a couple of old shirts), fabric scissors, and fabric glue.


Step 1: Cut your fabric into a rectangle. I used the cuff of an old cardigan and cut it in half because it was so thick. 



Step 2: Fold the edges of your fabric and glue them down to create a finished edge on each side. 


Step 3: Shape your bow and glue it in place. I wanted a little dimple, so I pinched the fabric together in the middle and placed a dot of glue in the center to keep it there. 


Step 4: Cut a small strip of fabric to be used for the center piece of your bow. I used the collar of the same cardigan because it had finished edges and had the same look as the cuff. 


Step 5: Wrap the strip around the middle of your bow and glue in place on the back. 


Step 6: Attach a bobby pin or clip to the back of the bow and you're all set! Because Aubryn doesn't have a whole lot of hair to clip anything into quite yet, I put a bobby pin on the back of the bows and pinned them onto some little elastic headbands she had. 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are wonderful.