like having a color television set.

My friends use to ask me when I thought I'd get married. 

No clue, I would reply. I wanted to get married, but it wasn't my main focus. When the time came, it would come, and I would be happy until it did; I would not go searching out a spouse in order to meet a deadline. 

I dated, I pushed myself, I learned wonderful things and grew in amazing ways. I moved to Florida and found the one thing I hadn't been looking for. 

I spent the day with his family, afterwards calling my mom to tell her how I hoped to marry into a family like that. His hugs set the world right and his words gave me encouragement and focus.  He and I would talk about our dreams and i began to realize how much richer mine were when combined with his. 

I became his and he mine. 

One day, we started our forever with a promise, and we keep that promise to one another every day. We work and we pray and we try to do a little better every moment. It is work but it's our work and it is sweet. And if I had the choice I would do it all over again. Because being married is like having a color television set: you never wanna go back to black and white.

*Doesn't this just warm your heart? I cried a bit and was reminded of how blessed I am to have the opportunity to grow old next to my own sweet guy. 

2 comments:

  1. can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read this again and loved it even more. i love your posts and look forward to this kind of good love.

    miss ya.

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.