rearranging.

When I was younger, I dreamt of being a lawyer.  I made a goal to one day see my face on the big screen and told myself that I would live in New York City.  I wanted to travel the world; I wanted to fall in love once and stay there forever.

Now that I am older, I have begun to re-evaluate those dreams.  Some have been reconstructed and others discarded.  I have begun to see the bigger picture and my place in it.  The lofty aspirations of my sixteen-year-old-self have been replaced with higher, more concrete goals; I am realizing my potential and making plans to reach it.

My desires are being educated and I am thankful.  Each new experience leaves me altered, teaching me a little more about myself and my place in this world.  As this happens, my desires are scraped and polished, forming the outline for the life I was always meant to lead.  

I have been doing some rearranging and I am thankful.  I am thankful that there is someone who knows me better than I know myself, someone who has a plan for me.  And I'm thankful for the guidance that I receive every day.  I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. dear tori. I want to see a picture of your new hair. ASAP. I also love your blog. I don't have google reader but I'll randomly remember to look at it and just love it. your writing is just great!

    love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally know what you mean. and sometimes it's hard to just trust and go.

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.