What's In Your Make-Up Bag?

When I was in high school, getting ready was a long, emotional struggle. I would redo my hair several times, and usually after doing my makeup the first time, I would wash my face and start over.

After getting married and then having a baby, it quickly became apparent that I needed to simplify my routine. I began searching for beauty products that would quicken the process, stay on longer, and be more effective.

Here are the products that have helped me simplify my beauty routine, plus a few tips I learned from a professional makeup artist.

1. A good moisturizer: Put  it on before you do your makeup. If you're using liquid concealer, begin applying it before the moisturizer becomes too dry. If you are using dry concealer (like Bare Minerals) or if you just plan on using powder, let the moisturizer dry first.

2. Bare Minerals products: My friend and I got free makeovers from Bare Minerals when I was in high school. The process was so simple and the products so few that I was sure I would see no difference in the end product. But I looked in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised. My face looked fresh and clear, and I couldn't tell that I had any makeup on at all. It was amazing.

Here are a few things that made a difference: concealer goes on first, apply powder in a circular motion, buffing it in as you go, use a light layer of bronzer on your forehead, nose, and chin. And when applying concealer, cover up any blemishes, but also put some underneath your eyes, on both sides of your nose, and around your lips.

3. Blush: Blush is the fastest way to look awake and younger. Apply more than you think you need and do some research to find out what the best shade is for your skin tone. Also, to get the blush perfectly on the apples of your cheeks, smile while you're putting it on.

4. Liquid eyeliner: It is so hard to learn how to properly apply liquid eyeliner, but it is so worth it. When I would use an eyeliner pencil, I would have to reapply it two or three times a day, and have to adjust the rest of my eye makeup because it would rub off onto my eyelids. But with liquid eyeliner, I apply it once a day and leave it. No worries, no fuss. Just keep a wet Q-tip handy to fix any mistakes made when applying it!

What products have helped you to simplify your routine? Have you received any great beauty tips? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. I love my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and my physicians formula felt tip eyeliner. I'm still experimenting and trying to find a favorite mascara. Really enjoyed your post! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we talk about which eyeliner you use?? i want to usee liquid eyeliner way bad but i don't know howwww tooo

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.