the final week.

We finally made it. Three more days (at most) and this little girl will officially be here. We may or may not have decided on a name (we’ll have to see when we meet her) and we’ve officially (but probably not) got everything we need as far as baby products and the like are concerned.

Nine months. I can’t believe we’re finally in the last week. It feels a bit surreal and I keep thinking that it might be a joke. Then I realize that it’s real, and it’s a little nerve-racking.

We’re going to be real-life parents. To a real-life baby.

I told Jordan the other day that sometimes when I think about what it will be like to be a mom, I compare it to babysitting, or watching my nephews. Because that’s all I know. And it won’t be like either of those things. It won’t be like anything I’ve ever done.

I’m nervous and so excited. I can’t wait to meet this little girl and to start this new adventure with my wonderful husband.

These past nine months have been great. Challenging at times, totally new and at times unexpected, and maybe a little bit (or at times, a lot) painful? Definitely. But always worth it.

I may have sounded a little bitter (at times I can be a bit sassy and sarcastic) about being asked those same questions over and over, or about hearing that I look small every day, but, honestly, I didn’t mind (promise). It’s all part of the package. I just can’t wait to start hearing things like, “How old is she? What’s her name? She’s got Jordan’s eyes!” (crossing my fingers for that last one).

We’ve had a few little scares in the past couple weeks and each time I get more anxious to meet this little girl of ours. It’s going to be a good week.


lopsided belly and swollen feet. 
_______________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. man i am just so so so so excited. :) that went by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! I'm so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it sure did! I mean, 40 weeks tomorrow? Really?

    We couldn’t be more excited, though :) We can’t wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting and scary, too! You look fabulous. I laughed about how you get asked a million questions. People do that with everything: first it's "When are you getting married?" then "When are you having kids?"... Next thing you know it'll be: "When are you having another one?" :D You're going to be a fantastic mom, Tori.

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.