long time, no see. and what's been happening in the meantime.

For those of you who haven't heard... we're having a baby!

We had our first ultrasound in January and what an active little thing this baby is! It took the tech forever to get baby to sit still long enough to snap a few good shots. Let's just hope they'll stay still long enough for the doc to be able to tell us the gender at our next ultrasound!

Last Tuesday we felt our first undoubtably recognizable kick (I may or may not have cried a little), and this baby hasn't stopped since. It's so weird and beautiful and amazing to feel this tiny being growing... INSIDE me! Even if that means I get less sleep at night because I can now actually feel that growth.

I read this post today, and again, might have cried a little. Because I couldn't agree with her more: I knew this little person, I know this little person, inside me. And in a few short months, we'll get to have a happy reunion. It's so wonderful and so true.

Eighteen weeks in and I already feel so connected to this beautiful child, because I already am; we started our relationship a long time ago, and now we're just picking up where we left off.

And it's a little amazing to think about...

In other news... I'd like to apologize for stepping away from this blog for so long. Our little "month of thanks" posts were interrupted with the announcement of a baby (something we're really thankful for), two holidays, finals and the husband and I both starting our own businesses. It's been whirlwind ever since.

But everything has finally settled in and settled down and I'm back. Cross my heart.


Here are the first photos of Baby Bowman. The head and body might be a little out of proportion, but we're working on it. 

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! Ahhh Tori I am so excited for you guys :)

    You are going to be an amazing momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YAYYYYYY you are back. i have been DYING for you to post about this child. yes yes yesss. LOVE IT. so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you :) I can't wait to hear all about it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait til you birth that child.
    b. can we just talk more about what your guys' businesses are?
    c. i MISS YOU GUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, guys! We're really excited, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

You are wonderful.